Monday, February 6, 2017

Let's try this again....

Today I went to see the documentary film I Am Not Your Negro, based on the writing of James Baldwin. I am not ready to write about it yet, as I feel it is going to require repeat viewings to fully absorb. After the movie ended, my friend and I sat a while unable to speak. When we were able to shake off the heaviness that had settled over us as we watched, we headed around the corner for coffees and to debrief what we had just seen.

In the course of this conversation, I mentioned how I used to have this silly little blog that I'd started in college after having the opportunity to write about film for a class. I thought maybe I should pull it back up again. I opened the page, and here I am. One posting partially completed, cut off mid-sentence. I wonder where I was going with it. Another unfinished one for Cloverfield that I may as will click the "publish" button on and will do after I finish this. I know nobody ever really read this but Marian. We'll see. Maybe I won't ever write up I Am Not Your Negro, but I hope that I will. It's an important film that has made a deep impact on me.

Others I'd like to review : Sweet Bean and Mister Holmes both come to mind... Maybe I'll tackle one this week.

No comments: